Friday, February 23, 2007

Tonight I hate Lent


Very few people are aware of my resolution for Lent this year. I tend to stay up until the wee hours of the morning and wake up with the minimum time necessary for me ot arrive to class on time. I decided I would use Lent to better my sleeping stragies.

Sunday thru Thursday I have to be in bed by 11 p.m.
Monday thru Friday I have to be up by 7 a.m.


I know there are plenty of you that wake up much earlier than I do. I'm not comparing myself to you though. I'm just trying to show a little more discipline in my life.

Tonight I hate discipline.

At 11 o'clock I went to bed. I went in my room and got underneath the covers and waited for sleep to come. I waited, and waited, and waited...

Two hours later I gave up on bed and came out to complain to you all. I lay in my bed for two hours feeling resentment towards Lent just as a little child feels resentment towards his parents when told to go to bed before the summer sun goes down.

I don't think I broke my vow for Lent though. I gave it the good ole college try tonight. We can just say I got up extremely early this morning and went to bed again. I'll be up at 7 though. Don't worry.

5 comments:

Brooklyn said...

I have to admit, I did wonder why you were back online after I came home last night. (My g'status about going to sleep wasn't lying; it just took ridiculously long to come to fruition.)

Katria said...

I've been attempting to begin my bedtime routine at 10:30 this year as a "New Year's Resolution" (even though I don't believe in them. I feel your pain.

Scarlet Flamingo said...

If it wasn't hard, then it wouldn't be much of a sacrifice would it?

Heather said...

I've been sort of "hating Lent" myself. And it hasn't even been that long! I miss cookies. And other sweets. *sigh*

Allie said...

Dude! Rock on. I admire your Lenten goal. It's gotta be pretty hard, though--bodies take time to adjust to that. :^/ But I believe in you! You can do it, friend! Smile!