Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A missionary story...Board-style

Last night I received word that Chrissy (Google Video Girl in Green) found my post advertising my intent to meet her rather...creepy.

I felt bad. Very bad. This morning I decided to give up my identity to her and apologize. I don't think she would mind me sharing her reply:

Hey [revealed identity of JAC],

Please don't apologize... [your informant] must've gotten the wrong idea from when I was telling him the story at [some place] yesterday. I asked him if he knew who JAC was, (I saw you two were friends on facebook) But he said he knew you only through the 100 hour board. So I proceeded to tell him how we came to find out about your blog,

(Basically a girl in our ward told Chaela that "some guy wrote a blog about how he wants to go on a date with Chrissy")

When Chaela told me this, before either of us had read the blog, I'm sure you can imagine we were both a little "creeped out."

But after reading it, and corresponding with you (on Chaela's end), we think you're a really nice guy, and we're amazed at how fast [your blog post] got back to us!

We know we're no professional film-makers, but it's very flattering to have people we don't even know singing praises about our movies, and us!

So thanks, and please don't erase your blogs. Because A: They're really good, B: It's a really cool story, and C: They're probably boosting our movies' popularity.

So... I'm sorry if you heard wrong, but basically we thought the whole thing was really cool, and didn't find it creepy because we knew if you were a member of the 100 Hour Board, and had your own blog, then you must be pretty internet savvy, and could've easily looked me up on facebook, myspace, or BYU's directory, and contacted me in any of those ways. But the fact that you didn't told us you weren't creepy at all. And from that point on we considered it flattering.

Well I hope this all made sense. Basically you're not creepy and we think you're really cool. (And now we've discovered the 100 Hour board.) I'm sure I'll meet you eventually, and there's no point in us avoiding each other until then. Talk to you later!
-Chrissy
There you have it. I'm not creepy, in fact, I'm really cool. What a roller coaster this day has been. Even more important than that though, two more people have been introduced to the Board. This is the kind of story you write home about.

Thanks Chrissy and Chaela for the good words and welcome to Board culture.

For all of you that are still in the dark as to who these two girls are then check out this video.

No comments: