Thursday, January 11, 2007

Looks like I'm desert island material...


For those of you wanting to be smart about this title, "No, I am not talking about sand!"

Every so often someone sends in an application to the Board to become a writer. In virtue of the authority I do not hold I will disclose on of the questions listed on said application.

shhhh...

If the 100 Hour Board were a reality TV show, which writer would you chose to be with on a deserted island? Why?


Here's the clincher. Someone applied last December, sadly I didn't see her application until today (a little late I know). Guess what her answer was?...ugh...you're taking to long. Here you go:


Just Another Cassio. He’s funny, not obnoxious, nice, and seems to be an intelligent thinker.


She chose me! Ok, ok I'm a little flattered. In the past other writers have been chosen for that desert island excursion and they've shown excitement on being chosen but since I hadn't ever been chosen before I didn't really know how they felt. Let me tell you it's a good feeling. In fact, Uffish Thought and I were chatting about it today.


me: I never realized how flattering that would beUffish: woo, woo!
yeah, it's pretty awesome
me: everyone else always celebrates when it happens to them but when it happens to yourself...wow
Uffish: yeah--because they picked you out from everyone
me: it's true
Uffish: you feel like you won the "best writer of ever" prize
me: sure do
Uffish: and also "most attractive" to boot
me: well...if you say so

Anyway, that's enough gloating for that compliment. If you're reading this Applicant, know that you've got my vote. Flattery gets you everywhere.


Can someone please flatter Blogger because this post is not formatting right...?

No comments: