Saturday, January 06, 2007

My Uncle Mufasa

Have you ever looked at someone and thought "Gee, I'm glad I don't have that guy's life."? (sorry about the punctuation)
That's what I thought today. I got this job for a TV Studio last week. All I do is sweep a street. I know you're thinking that doesn't sound like much of a TV job but seriously I get some great exposure. 2-3 times a day I'm on TV. More if there's a crisis on the set. Today I was sweeping by the Star's house. He seems like a really nice guy. He has a nice house and a gorgeous wife but things don't seem to be going right for him. I've heard him talking and he doesn't sound like he enjoys what he does. I'd invite him to go sailing sometime. That really relaxes me. I don't think he'd go though. Besides the fact that he doesn't know who I am, I'm pretty sure he's freaked out by the water. Yeah well. We like him still. We all love watching him. It's so dramatic watching him on TV. Seriously. A lot of people were pretty envious I got the chance to work here with him. We all love him. I don't understand why his wife is going to leave him soon. Oops! I really shouldn't have let that leak. Dang! I'll probably get fired soon.
Do I sound odd? What you don't know is that I've been playing a game with you. What game? It's called My Uncle Mufasa. It's based off of an episode of The Office. In the episode Michael, the boss, is holding a grief counseling session because a former supervisor of his died and he wanted everyone to have the chance to grieve. No one else really knew the guy though and they see no point in being there. Ryan, former temp current employee, shared a story about how his Uncle Mufasa got killed in a wildebeest stampede in Africa. He was totally claiming The Lion King as his own story. Michael didn't get it. So then Kevin, guy in pic, talks about his uncle (or someone) dying but how they had to act as if he were still alive over the weekend and Michael recognized he was using the story of Weekend at Bernie's as his own story. How Michael caught that story and not The Lion King is a mystery left to the wonderful writers of the show.

To play the game you talk from the perspective of a character in a movie tell about "a guy you knew" who was part of the story. Everyone in the group listens and as they figure out what movie you're alluding too they raise their hand. The last person in the group to raise their hand names the movie. It's hiLARious. I loved every minute of it!

1 comment:

Scarlet Flamingo said...

I just started watching the office.

So...The Truman Show?