Monday, January 08, 2007

I'm not dead yet...hoorah...

First day of class. Yep that's what it was. Halfway across the parking lot I realized I didn't have my wallet as I walked to school this morning. 13 hours later I finally got home to eat something.

Head pounding, little loopy, somewhat tired.

I was technically only enrolled in two of the 4 classes I attended today. I dropped one of them and have to wait a week in order to get a signature on my Add/Drop card for the others. Ugh...it was a long day. I'm excited about my classes though. I feel a bit of energy shooting through me saying "You can get a 4.0!" Of course my Self Respect tells me differently. I tell him to shut up. Self Respect is supposed to support you isn't it? That's what I said.

I'm really into letting nouns be Proper Nouns. Probably because I started reading Loa of The Divine Narcissus today. Mexican/Spanish literature from the 16th century. The characters all have nouns for names like...Religion or Zeal. Reminds me of Everyman. Really gives you a way to connect with what your reading. I think I'm going to start using it in my everyday speech:
"Hi Mom! How was my day? Well Hunger was giving me a hard time. He and Pain made an attack for my head but I shot 'em down with the help my good friend Mr. Excedrin Migraine. He's a tough one Mr. EM. Pain and Hunger didn't stand a chance when Mr. EM, Food and I were on the defense."
What? That's not funny? Good thing you're not wasting time reading my blog then isn't it?

No comments: