Friday, May 11, 2007

Today I respect Superman.

I've been reading a lot of blogs lately and have decided the blogs I like to read aren't written to be read. The writers talk about their lives and stories without thinking of who might be reading it. That sounds so freeing to me and I'm honestly thinking about giving up my identity.

I've been Just Another Cassio since August of last year. Me and JAC were all to ourselves until I decided to apply to be a writer for the Board. My roommate knew I was applying and one night we shared our pseudonyms with each other. It was intense I tell you.

I'm not one that likes to keep secrets about myself. When I started this blog I wanted to have an outlet to write about my thoughts and life and even my opinions about what goes on. Admittedly I love to tell stories. This blog seemed like an avenue I could use to develop that interest.

Secret identities have a dark side though. Everytime I start to write something on my blog I end up erasing it because I'm just not sure if it gives too much info regarding myself. For the past 9 months I've been guarding who I am and I'm starting to ask myself "why?." I can't imagine how Clark Kent did it (or does it).

I see only two options to this dilemma:
  1. Share my real name with the world.
  2. Forget about the reader and write to write.
Not too sure what I'll do yet, but I'm excited for either prospect.

4 comments:

ahem. said...

There is an alternative... you could have a seperate blog that you don't share with the public. If you're just writing to write, then why does it matter if anyone reads it?

Chillygator said...

3. Get a different, non-related blog for your personal stuff? (o: I'd read it. I bet it'd be filled with the sordid details of parking tickets and...hmm...do you ever do anything sordid? I doubt it.

Dave said...

Already thought of that. I don't think I can handle a second blog. Heck, yesterday I spent an hour trying to come up with a name for it. No luck. [shrug]

Katria said...

Me, I've kept my real name to myself (mostly), but I've still said to heck with the reader and write whatever I darned well please.

Hey, it's an option.